Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Friday, July 25, 2008

Yes! I do have other children besides Brandt.

Since I have written so much about Brandt, I want to catch you up on Katie and Chad.

Katie is finishing up summer school at LSU and working.  Only 1 more semester and she graduates.  She's excited.  I think she has decided to take a semester off after graduation and study for the law school exam (I don't remember what it is called).  Maybe by then, Louisiana College will have their law school opened in Central (B.R.).  We'll see!

Chad's dream of golf school seems to be getting closer.  He has applied for a job at Pelican Point Golf Course and it looks very promising.  Before he can begin his online classes for golf school, he will have to play 2 rounds of golf at a specific golf course and score around the upper 70's and work at a golf course for 6 months.  That's all I know at this point...his daddy helped him with this and I haven't asked for details, but as soon as I get them I will pass them on to you, but it looks like he's a step closer to his dream.   There really is a method to this golf madness.

All 3 of the men in my house are playing in the Baton Rouge Amateur tournament tomorrow (and they tee off together...  :)  They'll have fun...I hope.  Then next weekend, Brandt plays in the Coca Cola Classic for Arrowhead Junior Golf Tour at Beaver Creek in Zachary.  

So, if you've read my blog so far it is obvious that our house functions around golf.  I know many think golf is boring, but when your in the middle of it and your family is involved, it's amazing how exciting it can be.  What I enjoy is spending a day following them in the golf cart and since it must be quite, there are no cell phones, no television, no radio, no computers...just the players and God's amazing creations.  It is so peaceful.

Have a great weekend!  (2nd to last before school starts...YIKES!!!!!!!!)


No comments: