Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Australia or Bust!

Well, we got Brandt off to Australia.  He flew out Friday.  Yes, I was nervous, but excited.  I didn't realize how nervous I actually was until we had to leave him.  This was the first time he had flown and it was by himself to Los Angeles.  I watched him walk down the corridor until I couldn't see him anymore.  With security the way it is these days, there is no where inside of the airport to watch planes come and go if you don't have a ticket.  Needless to say, I made Danny drive up and down the street by the airport until I knew he was on the plane (I made Brandt call me when he was in his seat on the plane).  I wanted to wait and watch the plane take off, but Danny talked me into leaving.  Anyway, as soon as I got home, I pulled his flight up on the computer and watched it all the way to LA (www.flightaware.com - live airline tracking).  Once he reached LA and caught up with his coach and teammates I was fine.   I will confess...Sat. morning when I woke up, I tracked him to Australia.  I can't imagine not having the internet.  I would have been a basket case.  As soon as the airlines reported that his plane had landed I took a deep breath.

Brandt called around 9:30 pm tonight, Sunday (which is Monday at 12:30 pm in Australia).  They are 15 hours ahead of us.  Said they were at a theme park, but would be heading to the golf course in about an hour.  Said Australia is expensive.  A coke, 20 oz., cost $3.30.  Gas is $8.00 a gallon.  If nothing else, this will be a great economics lesson. :)


No comments: