Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Monday, July 21, 2008

Park City, Utah

Wow!   What a beautiful place.  I have been in Park City, Utah at a Curriculum Mapping conference for school.  This was my first trip to Utah and it was unbelievable in beauty.  It is summer now, I can only imagine how magnificent it is during the winter.  

The conference was great.  My brain took in more than it could hold, but we got so much we could bring back to school to help move our school into the 21st century.  

Park City was home to the 2002 Winter Olympics and they still have the Olympic Park and it is open to the public.  Jill and I were feeling a little daring and decided to ride the Bobsled...it is the same track that the Olympic athletes used.  It pulls about 3-4 G's, goes about 70 mph, and is equal to about a 40 story drop (not free fall).  Well!  We bought our tickets and took the shuttle to the top and as soon as we stepped in the building to sign our lives away, it started lightning and thundering :(     They put us on a 20 minute lightning watch.  Well...to make a long story short, we had quite a few 20 minute watches and we never made it down the track :(  :(    We tried to convince them that a little bit of lightning was nothing...we were BOBSLEDDING for crying out loud.  I think our risks were already maxed out.  Anyway, we were bummed, big time!  It would have been so cool to show my students a picture of me on the bobsled when we learn about the Olympics this year.  Oh well!  It wasn't meant to be.

It's so good to be home.  Now it's time to track Brandt home from Hawaii.  He'll be home tomorrow.  I can't wait!  My nerves can't take much more of him flying.  I'll post some pictures soon.


No comments: