Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 14th

January 14th was the 5 year anniversary of momma's passing. Can't believe it. So much has happened since then, but I still remember it like yesterday. I cherish that last week with her, being by her bedside 24 hours a day and was so blessed to have Debbie Parker and Martha Long as my administrators, allowing this to happen. God knew I needed to be at Parkview that year of school and placed Mrs. Almyra Johnson at mommas house that summer before to encourage me to apply that summer. I never would have considered PBS until she told me pay was raised and benefits were offered. It is truly amazing to look back and see God's work in my life and how he perfectly orchestrated every decision and move I've made. We serve a mighty God. I miss her dearly everyday, but I have no guilt or regrets because of our God. I love you momma and I cannot wait to see you again. I soooo much to tell you! XOXO

2 comments:

Almyra W. Johnson said...

Carol: I thought of your mom all day on Monday. Pat Cabral and I talk often of her, and wish we could have her input when we recall the "old days." I still miss her so much. We had such a special, long friendship. I am so glad you have had such a good relationship with PBS through the years. You have been an asset to the school, and they are fortunate to have you. Love, Almyra

Pat said...

Carol: You're right, it's hard to believe 5 years have whizzed past. So many wonderful memories of Mary, so very thankful that our lives connected. Just recently Martha Wagoner and I laughed when we remembered the time the 3 of us laughed so hard in kindergarden about the 4-legged turkey!! Her radiance touched so many people. She would be so proud of you and Anne and all the grandchildren. We'll see her again. Love, Pat