Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catching Up!

So where do I begin to catch up this blog? So much has happened since the last post so I'll keep it short and sweet. May of 2011, Brandt graduated from Meridian Community College and finished the MCC golf season in Odessa, TX. MCC did not have a great tournament, but he ended his JUCO college being named NJCAA Player of the Year, also known as the Jack Nicklaus Award. Brandt, Sean (his MCC Coach) and I flew to the PGA tournament "The Memorial" in Columbus, Ohio and Brandt was given the award by Jack Nicklaus himself. We were treated like royalty. It was such a great experience. I'll have to come back later with more details. Our summer (2011) was the usual with traveling with Brandt to golf tournaments. He played the "Spirit of America" in Decatur, AL, the Louisiana Open, and some Baton Rouge tournaments. I started writing grants for PBS this summer and left the classroom to become the Elementary Curriculum/Technology Coach. The Fall of 2011, Brandt became a Ragin' Cajun at University of Louisiana, Lafayette. We had a great year planning for the wedding. It was so much fun spending time with Katie and helping her make decisions about one of the best days of her life. It seems like yesterday when she was born and now she is married. Because of Brandt's All-American awards, he was invited to participate in the Patriot All-America golf tournament in Arizona in December. He played in memory of a fallen soldier from Louisiana. It was such an amazing tournament. Dec. 2011 was the very first tournament. We met Brandel Chamblee from The Golf Channel. This past Dec. (2012) some of the tournament was on ESPN. Brandt did not play this one. October 7, 2011 was Katie and Ryan's wedding. It was amazing. Everything was perfect. We couldn't have asked for better weather. There was a wonderful turnout of family and friends and the night flew by. I almost blew it though. I had rented a cake pedestal for the bride's cake and paid for it in full a few months before the wedding in case I needed someone to go get it for me. The afternoon of the wedding, we took some things out to the plantation and as Danny and I were heading back to the house I realized I had not picked up the pedestal. It was 4:45 and the rental place closed at 5:00. We are on George O'Neal in the Friday afternoon traffic, so I call to see if they will wait for us, we were on our way. I was told no, they had to close when the other shop in with them closed. Long story short, I got there at about 2 mins. to 5:00 and got the pedestal. Whew!!! That was a close one! I have to say though, that was the only problem of the day. Chad worked at Sherwood Country Club for a while, but now he isn't working. He is looking for a job, he's just a little picky about what he wants to do. I'm going to do my best to blog more frequently so I don't have so much to catch up on. LOL!!! Stay tuned!

No comments: