Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Monday, January 21, 2013

A dirty house...since when do I care!

If you know me very well, you know that house cleaning and laundry are not my strong points. Especially when my kids were small. If you walked in my house there were dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor, toys everywhere, and shoes to trip over. The best part though was...I DID NOT CARE!!!!! There wasn't time for house work. Between working and running the kids all over, that was the least of my worries. I kept it up just enough to keep us sane. The two-story on Harrell's Ferry Rd. helped too, because we could close the kids doors and the laundry room door and it looked like we had it all together...Haha!! You never know what's behind closed doors. So...I seem to be changing. I'm starting to want everything in it's place and clean. I have been cleaning out and throwing away things, making room for everything to have a place. It hasn't been easy in this house and I have a long way to go, but I am on a good track. I guess this is considered a new chapter in my life. Time to clean! How crazy! My motto used to be..."there will be a day when I have time to clean, until then, I have kids to raise." So, I guess, for the most part, my kids are raised. Yikes!!! Now don't get me wrong...I'll drop it all to support my kids in anything they do, so I must not have changed too much, just now I'm home looking at it more! LOL!!!! I'll never forget I had a girl that played sports for me and I would bring her to and from games because her mom "couldn't make it". One time her mom told her that she couldn't make her game because she had to get this house straight. Her response to her mom was, "Coach Carol's house isn't clean, but she is at all of her kids games." I have to say, I'm so glad a clean house did not bother me and I couldn't use it as an excuse not to support my kids in all of their activities. Thank you Lord for showing me how important it is to spend time with my children, no matter how old they are. "I learned that we can do anything, but we can't do everything... at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything." Dan Millman

No comments: