Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Thursday, January 31, 2013

College Golf 's last chapter

I just made our first reservations for one of Brandt's first tournaments of his last college season. It seems like yesterday that we were in the PBS gym for his signing with Meridian and here we are beginning his final college season. Although time has flown by, what a journey it has been. As a parent, you always believe your child can do and achieve anything they set their minds to and Brandt accomplished so much. I must admit, with each big win, we would think "it couldn't get much better than this", but God said "Yes it can" and He showed us how. With each honored award, we would think "it couldn't get much better than this, but God said, "Yes it can" and He showed us how. God has truly had control over Brandt's golf career and it has been so amazing to watch Him work in Brandt's life. So, as I retrieve golf tees from the dryer, sweep golf balls from under the couches, have golf balls teed up on chapstick, find golf balls mixed in with my Easter eggs under my Easter tree, and get kicked out of my own kitchen while trying to cook supper because of a quick chipping game between my boys, I have to say, "I'm going to miss this one day". It was excitment when he move on from high school to JUCO, then JUCO to ULL, but I have to say it's nervousness(for mom) for the next big step. Turning pro is a whole new ballgame. Can he do it? ABSOLUTELY and especially if it's God's will for his life. We have totally trusted God with Brandt's golf and He has paved the way down this special path (once he finally got our attention to get on it - we're a little hard headed), I think we'll let him continue to lead. We are praying that Brandt has a great spring season, strong finish, he stays humble, and that God will continue to bless him on and off of the course. “I believe in a big God and special things can happen,” Tim Tebow

No comments: