Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back to school count down ... about 31 hours???

I have really enjoyed my week off for Thanksgiving, but it is so bittersweet.  I love the time at home with Danny and the kids, but it also makes me realize how much I miss Momma.  On holidays we would go shopping for a little while (most of our time was spent in Barnes and Noble Bookstore...sweet!!!), then we would have lunch at La Madeline's, splitting a roasted vegetable sandwich and bow tie pasta.  I really miss that.  

This past Tuesday, Brandt and I took a road trip to Meridian, MS to visit Meridian Community College.  MCC is a Division I Junior College.  The coach had contacted us about Brandt coming to play golf for him, so we went to check it out.  Brandt enjoyed himself.  We got a tour of the college, went to lunch with the coach, and then Brandt and another prospective golfer went and played 9 holes with one of the members of the MCC golf team.  Brandt said he shot halfway decent.  He was a little upset with himself because he ended up 1 over.  Nothing like putting a little pressure on yourself.

Katie and I went to Lowes Wednesday for a few things and ended up leaving with a real Christmas tree.  The kids have been asking for a real tree for years, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $100+ on a tree we're going to throw away in a few weeks.  Well...the price was right so I caved in.  It's really beautiful.  This year, for the first time ever, we have a "designer" tree (if that's what you want to call it).  It is gold, red, and green ONLY, with clear lights.  We've always had colored lights with a variety of ornaments, including all homemade ones from when the kids were little, so this was a big change for the Garon house.  We still have a little decorating to do around the house, but we're off to a good start (now I have to go do my classroom).  




1 comment:

Missy Kennedy said...

I miss my dad too. The holidays can really bring all those memories to mind like nothing else. See you Monday.