Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Special and Great Day at Jefferson

We have a new pastor!  

It was one of those days that you know is coming, but never know if it will actually get here or not.  Well, it's here and I am so excited.   

I'm excited for Jefferson because we will be moving forward with a godly man, truly chosen by God to continue the work Daddy and Momma began.  I'm excited for Daddy because he can now do all of those things he has been saying he's going to do forever, like writing a few books.  I'm excited for our family, because now PaPa can attend events of the grandchildren and just spend time with us.  

I know many saw my tears today, but please know that they were tears of joy.   If there was any sorrow, it was only that Momma was not here to see it.  She would have loved knowing that Daddy is FINALLY retiring (you notice I said retiring - that doesn't mean he will be slowing down).  She talked to me about this many times during her last few months.  She would always say, "he is so tired".  If she were here, she would share our excitement in this turning point at Jefferson.


No comments: