Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Journey Back in Time

This past summer, the youth group of Jefferson Baptist - from my youth days - got together for a reunion.  Of course, I wasn't able to attend.  I was in Utah for a Curriculum Mapping conference for school.  Well...they brought out the old "Lightshine" musical we did.  Randy Alford made copies for everyone and I got mine in the mail yesterday.  Can I tell you how much fun I had watching that musical again.  :)   Just like Randy said, it all comes back to you and you remember all of the words to all the songs. (I wonder if Jim Doss remembered all of his words...hahahaha - he was a mime)
Of course, me and Melody were sitting right next to each other (I don't think back then we did a whole lot without each other).   I recognized a lot of people, but I was surprised how many I didn't remember.  We all had the feathered (Farrah Facett) hair and I don't remember being so thin (Oh... to go back...I think I would appreciate it a little more).
I caught glimpses of Marty (our youth minister/minister of music) sitting on the floor, directing us.  
Oh the memories...All of the musicals, youth choir tours, Fort Walton Beach (spaghetti, raw eggs, pay back from the chaperones, Tweety Bird, etc...), softball at Judson, planting grass for the new building, and so much more.  We had sooooo much fun in youth group.  

Randy and Charlotte are working on getting everyone together again the weekend of the big 50th Anniversary celebration at Jefferson, which I think is the 3rd weekend in November.  As soon as I know for sure I will post it.  I'd love to see everyone again.

No comments: