Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Monday, February 2, 2009

Ranked 4th in Louisiana Jr. Golf

Yes, and his mom and dad had no idea. We had to be told by a dad at the golf course yesterday.

Brandt is ranked 4th in Louisiana Junior Golf out of 113 golfers. He is 692 in the United States out of 5834. I am speechless! We knew he was good, but we have never wanted to be "those parents"... you know the ones that brag about how good their kids are but they really aren't. I would always remind myself of what Lee would tell the parents at the beginning of each volleyball season, "Your daughter is not and will never be as good as you think she is". So I would tell myself, he's not as good as YOU think he is. Your his MOM!!!! I know, it's crazy.

The funny thing about all of this, he acts like it's no big deal. He's so humble! I just pray he stays that way.

God is good and we thank him each day for his many blessings. If you remember, we've been told twice in his lifetime that he would not make it through the night. The first being the day he was born. He was 5 weeks early and had lung problems. I remember Dr. Hill coming in and saying, "Carol, I just wish he were a girl, they fight so much harder than boys". The second, after he was hit in the head with a softball at one of Danny's games. He was 7 years old. The nurse kept coming in telling us, "the doctor said it doesn't look good". Later we found out the doctors had given him about a 10 % chance of making it that night. After 16 hours on a ventilator, he woke up like nothing had ever happened.

Our prayer is that God will use him and his talent to glorify the Lord.

No comments: