Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Monday, December 22, 2008

LSU Graduation...Golf...YIKES!!!!!! Christmas is WHEN????????

Click to play Graduation Day 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
Yes!!! I am now in full panic mode!!!!

Great weekend though! Katie graduated from LSU, Friday morning. I am so proud of her. Why God chose to give me such a great daughter I don't know, but I'm thankful. It was so cool to see her walk across that stage and receive her diploma she has worked so hard for. The speaker asked for all of the parents of the graduates to stand up and when I stood, I kinda caught my breath and thought, "I'm the parent of a college graduate". REALITY CHECK!!!!! Yes, I'm getting old.
On the other hand, when I was her age I had been married almost 5 years and had a 1 1/2 year old. Imagine how my parents felt. Hmmmm!

After graduation, we took off to Gulf Shores for Brandt's golf tournament. We tried to get there early enough for Brandt to hit some balls on the range, but little did we know, it gets dark by 4:45pm in Gulf Shores and we were still traveling at that point. When we got there we found a lit driving range, so I dropped off Danny and the boys at about 6:55 and went to get food. When I got back they were standing in the dark. Apparently the lights were on a timer and they go off at 7:00 pm. They couldn't see where the ball was going, but they could see it to hit it, so they finished off their buckets. LOL!!!

Saturday, Brandt had a 8:24am tee time. It was cool, but nice. Daddy and I got a cart and Danny walked following Brandt. Chad was on Brandt's bag this weekend. At the end of the 1st round, Brandt was tied for 1st with 2 other golfers. He shot a 73...1 over par. Brandt was so excited that PaPa was there to watch him. This was the 1st tournament Daddy has been able to attend.
Sunday was a 8:26 tee time and by then it was cold and RAINING!!!!!!! Yes!!!! There was a siting of that homeless looking woman again. I had 3 layers, my ear wrap, gloves, towel, 2 blankets...just say anything I could get my hands on that might keep me warm. I told Brandt, if he wouldn't have been tied for the lead, I just may have had to sit this one out.
Brandt played like it was 75 degrees and the sun was shining. His best golf of the day was during the cold rain. In the end, he shot a 74...2 over par, giving him a total of 147 for both days. He won the tournament by 6 strokes. When we were walking out of the clubhouse, he turned to me and said, "I'm so glad I could win the one PaPa came to". Mr. Paul, the director of Arrowhead Jr. Golf Tour, is going to interview Brandt this week for an article for the newspaper so I'll keep you posted.

That leads me to my panic. Yes! I started shopping for Christmas today! I have waves of panic. One minute I'm fine, the next I feel like I'll never make it. Oh well!!!! It always turns out fine and I wouldn't trade these last few days for the world.

Merry Christmas to everyone! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!!!!

No comments: