Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Monday, December 8, 2008

Brandt wins at Tchefuncta!


This weekend we were at Oak Harbor Golf Club in Slidell on Saturday then finished up the tournament at Tchefuncta Country Club in Covington, Sunday. Yes!!! I froze!!! Brandt told me I looked like a bum, wrapped up in all of my blankets and cold gear. LOL!!! Do you think I really cared what I looked like??? It was everyman for themselves. I think I had a least 3 layers on before I even wrapped up in the blankets.

Brandt shot even par 72 on Saturday. He had 5 birdies and 5 bogeys. The weather was COLD, windy, and water everywhere...and if you've followed Brandt you know him and water usually find each other, but he didn't find the water at all Saturday. He went into Sunday's round with a 9 stroke lead.
Because this tournament was split between two courses, he had to make a decision as to which course to play his practice round. It gets dark so soon now and he can't miss school for practice rounds ( momma says so) there was no way he could play a practice round at both courses, so he chose Oak Harbor in Slidell. Saying that, he played Sunday's round totally blind, never seeing the course before. When we got there we thought we would get him a copy of the course layout, NOT!!!!! They had just re-done the course, adding 3 new holes so they didn't have the new ones printed yet. Well, he ended up with a 74, 3 over par. This course has a par of 71 (most are 72). 2 birdies and 5 bogeys.

There is a great article on the homepage of Arrowhead Jr. Golf Tours website about this weekends tournament. If you want to read it you can go to www.arrowheadjgt.com.

Friday, Dec. 19th, after LSU graduation, we are headed to Gulf Shores to play in Arrowhead Jr. Golf Tournament of Champions at the Peninsula Golf Club. This will conclude the Arrowhead Tour for 2008. WOW! What a year on Arrowhead. We're so proud of him.

No comments: