Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Friday, September 11, 2009

Catching Up!!

I know, I'm way behind in updating. School has started, Brandt's in Meridian, Katie moved out, and Chad moved into Katie's old room (carport room).

School has been great so far and I have a good class again this year. We don't have honors this year in 3rd grade and we are self-contained, meaning I have the same kids all day. I love that!!! I get to know my students better, which allows me to meet their needs much better, and check on those that need it. I am so blessed and I love my job.

Katie moved in with a friend of hers out by LSU. She seems to like it. I don't see her much anymore. When I call, I sound just like my mother, "haven't heard from you in a while, just wanted to see how you're doing". Talk about reality check.
Exciting news though for Katie. The State Police called and they are hoping to have her job approved by the end of this week coming, so they can hire her in the crime lab. YAY!!!!! She is so excited!!!! Pray it is approved.

The Brandt-man got moved in at Meridian and school seems to be going well. Golf is doing well also. He had some adjusting to do, but seems to have gotten it now. This week the team competed with each other to earn a spot on the 'A' team for a tournament in Alabama, Monday and Tuesday. Brandt made the 'A' team. He will be competing in his first college tournament this Monday and Tuesday. It's so cool, but so different knowing I won't be there for it. I have been at 99.9% of his tournaments, but of course can't get off that many days, so I just have to wait by the phone. Ugh!!!!

Chad has moved into Katie's old room which is twice the size of his old room. He got a cable box with the sports package and is in heaven. Looking at buying himself a flatscreen TV. I told Danny, we'll never see him again once he gets that in his room...until he needs food. LOL!!!!!! He is still at the U Club, working all the time.

Daddy is doing well, staying busy. Looking at going back to Israel in November.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So glad you love your class and good to hear the update on everyone! Kyle's aunt, Stacy Williams (formerly Stacy Silvio--divorced from Kyle's unlce), works in the SP crime lab! I'm sure she'll get to know her. I can't wait to hear how Katie loves her job! I know Stacy has always loved it.