Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brandt won his 1st collegiate golf tournament

Last Sunday, September 13th the Meridian Golf team traveled to Cullman, Alabama for the 1st tournament of the fall season. They played a practice round Sunday and competition started Monday.

Monday they played two 18 hole rounds. Brandt shot 68 (4 under) in the first round, then shot 71 (1 under) in the second round. At the close of the day Monday, Meridian was in 3rd place as a team. Brandt didn't know where he stood and really didn't care. He said he was worried about the team standing not individual. Tuesday he shot a 66 (6 under). Meridian came back strong Tuesday, but it wasn't quite enough to move up. The team took 3rd place. Brandt won 1st place as a medalist.

I was getting live scoring texts from Coach Covich all Monday and Tuesday. Just want a momma needed, since it was one of the only matches I have missed. When I found out that he won, I was literally speechless the rest of the day Monday. I was so excited for him.

The funny thing is, the coach makes them qualify to participate on the "A" team (which is only fair) and he was nervous and worried he wasn't going to qualify to even go to this tournament and then he ends up winning 1st. An awesome start to his collegiate career.

1 comment:

Robin Williams said...

So... just call me a nosy (sp?) mom who can't get to sleep tonight, but I read your family blog after reading the 3rd grade blog. Congrats to your golfer! Gray keeps me up-to-date on the latest tournaments and such, but he thinks your son plays for Ole Miss. I also read that your other son works at U Club, which is where we live. My husband never seems to play a full game, but he does go to the range from time to time & tries to drag Gray with him. I know that Gray would love to meet your son, so we'll have to figure out who he is very soon. He loves things like that!
Just wanted to say hello! I love reading blogs!
Robin