Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Signing Day for Brandt

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.
Friday was Brandt's Signing Day for Meridian Community College. It was so awesome. What a special day for Brandt. For it not suppose to be a big deal, it was a big deal. When I called our Athletic Director to ask him if we could do it Friday, he said sure, get the coach (high school) to come say a few words and you can get some balloons and a cake. We do it in the gym at lunch, it's real simple. Little did I know how big this would be. It just meant so much to Brandt to have his class peers, teammates, teachers, and family there for support.

Coach Sean Covich from Meridian came down which made it even more special. He was the only college coach there. Brandt received a full golf scholarship.

A good friend of mine, Missy Kennedy, asked her husband Keith to come and take pictures. He does it professionally in his spare time, so we felt special with a photographer there, not just my little camera. My class had to come because of the time it took place. They had a blast. Brandt got the loudest applause because of them. They acted like he was a celebrity. When he first walked in the gym, as soon as they spotted him they started yelling his name and clapping for him. It was so sweet. They also had to have a picture of the class with him in the middle. Then Missy and Keith's daughter, Lindsay, cut the cake for us. She's such a sweetheart. Everyone helped make this day so special.

Yes! They spelled his name wrong on the cake. The funny thing is, everyone always spells his name wrong, especially in the paper. He has been Brant, Grant, Brad, Green, etc...there have been so many times that I can't remember them all. All we could do was laugh. Why change things now!!!!!!

We have prayed about this decision for a long time. There were many times that I really did not have a peace about which college the Lord was directing Brandt to, but I can honestly say, I am completely at peace with this decision and I know that this is where the Lord wants Brandt to be for now. We have sought his will and have been blessed many times over. I know he will continue to bless Brandt and use him for his glory.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I am blessed to have had my family serve yours at such a special time. Love ya!!!