Followers

My Blog List

Carol's Favorites


Thanks for visiting!

web copy writer
web copy writer

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Overwhelmed with Memories


Memories have been flooding back. These next 2 weeks will be a lot of "a year ago today". A year ago today, Anne and I began our 24 hour a day vigilance next to Momma's bedside.

A year ago today, I was called home from school because Momma had taken a turn for the worst. This was the day she talked to each of us and told us how much she loved us along with many more special things. She also shared with us her glimpses of Heaven. God allowed her to see parts of heaven before he took her home. He let her see her 2 babies that she lost. One she miscarried at about 3 months gestation and Steven, my little brother, who passed away just hours after birth. She was so excited to see those babies.

I thank God for that special day and will never forget it. We were blessed to have that time with her. Many never get that time. Although it was difficult to see her go down so fast, I will forever cherish it.

I love you Momma and miss you so so so much!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I will be praying for you as you remember these times. Your mom was such a special woman, and I will always remember her, too. I'm so glad the Lord allowed her to have these experiences before going Home. My dad was supposed to send me a tape of that sermon and forgot. I'm going to ask him today.

Love y'all,
Lindsay

PS - Mitchell said he saw Brandt at Izzo's last night and they got to talk.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Carol,

Found your blog through Lindsay's and I enjoy keeping up with yall. I have had your family in my prayers throughout the Christmas season and especially now as the "last year at this time" memories are flooding in. Mrs. Mary has held a special place in my heart since I asked her to be my prayer partner during one of our youth trips. I loved Mrs. Mary and can't wait to see her again one day.

Love,
Leslie Dewberry

Missy Kennedy said...

I love you, girl! I will not forget the day they called you home to be with your precious Momma. All of us at PBS prayed for you and your family. My eyes sting with tears as I type. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and my thoughts.

I wish we still taught across the hall from each other!!!

Much love,
Missy